COVID-19 Updates At Barron
COVID-19 Update – Published On May 18, 2020
- Created separate entrances and exits.
- Staggered our class start and end times.
- Our parents seating and viewing area is clearly marked and spaced. In addition, we are allowing only 1 healthy parent/caregiver to view. Please consider drop off/pick up if your school age child is capable.
- Designed a clearly marked gym layout to provide social distancing for our teachers and students while in class.
- Lowered our student to teacher ratio to ensure class management.
- Added 1500 square feet of padded flooring in the back bar area to provide additional teaching space.
- Designed 55-minute lesson plans that include our full curriculum, allowing for the safest traffic flow between classes.
- Adjusted our curriculum with lesson plans that focus on teaching techniques, drills and skills that can be safely done with limited to no spotting from our teachers.
- We are able to lower our number of classes offered each hour to fit the maximum occupancy loads recommended.
- Hired Hillyard, a local professional cleaning company. After completing a full walk through of our facility, they designed a cleaning and disinfecting system/schedule unique to our building and the customers we serve. This includes the use of Purtabs 3.3G disinfecting/sanitizing tablets that have a 1-minute coronavirus kill time.
- Masks will be provided for staff to use if necessary according to county guidelines.
- Staff health screening including temperature checks and a completion of a questionnaire prior to their shifts.
- Installing sneeze guards at our customer service desk. Because our registration and payments are online, there is very limited customer touch interaction.
- Provided numerous sanitation stations throughout the facility so all who enter can disinfect their hands regularly.
- Provided numerous sanitation stations in the gym so students and teachers can disinfect their hands regularly throughout class.
- Removed any gymnastics equipment that is not in full use to guarantee that we are capable of cleaning surfaces after they are used.
- Removed small teaching props that are unable to be disinfected.
- Set up a schedule for our entire facility to be regularly disinfected even when we have classes in session, including disinfection of all equipment and mats between uses.
- Eliminating the communal use of gymnastics chalk.
- Shutting down drinking fountains.
- Children need movement for both their body and mind.
- Our program teaches children to understand how to move safely.
- Most children who are overweight are afraid to move. They do not trust or understand their bodies; consequently, they move less and become unhealthy adults.
- Our program focuses on developing healthy children. Our goal is to minimize the number of children that fall into the high-risk group that is most compromised from Covid-19 when they become adults. We want to be proactive with this virus not reactive.
COVID-19 Update – Published On April 29, 2020
Seeing all of the news about different states and counties lifting stay-at-home restrictions has us just as anxious as you to get back into the gym! While the state of Missouri is loosening restrictions starting May 4, St. Louis County is still on a stay-at-home order. Barron Gymnastics will follow regulations set forth by St. Louis County combined with experts in our industry to provide the safest experience we can for our students when we resume.
We are devising a new class schedule that will allow adherence to safety guidelines and provide class times that are convenient for our families. This summer, we will offer morning classes along with our evening times. We anticipate this new schedule will continue from summer into next school year with some adjustments.
Families that are currently enrolled in our summer and school year classes will be notified first to register for our new program as soon as it is available. Keep an eye on your email and our social media while we work to make personal contact with you at that time.
We can’t wait to get back to class! As always, the best way to reach us during our closure is via email.
Thank you for your support of Barron Gymnastics.
COVID-19 Update – Published On April 22, 2020
Thank you so much for being a part of the Barron Family. We truly miss the students in our gym, and we have loved the videos and emails we have received from you!
- The St. Louis County stay-at-home order is currently extended until May 15. We will continue to monitor recommendations for when and how we will be allowed to open and will communicate with you when we have an anticipated date to resume classes.
- Tuition for May will not be charged on April 27. We will continue to hold tuition charges until we know our anticipated resume date. You will be notified via email and facebook before charges begin.
- Our schedule for School Year 2020-2021 will NOT open for registration on May 1 as originally planned. We are holding off on finalizing our school year schedule so that we can take into consideration guidelines for safe distancing and sanitization with our schedule of classes. We will contact all families about the schedule when it is available.
We hope you are enjoying our online content on Facebook and Instagram and the weekly emails with things you can do at home. Our staff are working hard to bring you more online content, upgrade and deep clean the facility, and plan procedures for a safe re-opening. Please continue to reach out to us via email if you need anything during the closure.
APRIL UPDATE & MORE – Published On March 31, 2020
Dear Barron Families,
We miss all of you so much! We just wanted to send an update about our status in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic. Currently our facility is closed due the stay-at-home order for St. Louis County in place through April 30th. While we hope to be able to resume in May, this is an ever changing and unprecedented situation. Barron will remain closed until restrictions have been lifted and it is deemed safe enough to resume classes and activities.
During our closure, we will not be charging tuition. Once we are able to resume, we will notify our families via email and provide notice that tuition will be charged.
We encourage you to choose your summer class time to continue their learning and progress. Check out our wide variety of classes, themed camps, tumbling clinics, and Ninja Thursdays that are offered over the summer at www.barrongymnastics.com! As a reminder, class tuition is on hold and will not be charged until we resume.
In the meantime, follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for creative ideas to bring Barron Gymnastics into your home with Barron Virtual Academy, an online learning platform for our students that provides videos from your teachers, updates and much more to stay connected!
During this pause period, our facility is closed. Please email us at [email protected] if you need anything and allow extra time for a response.
We sincerely hope all of our families are staying well, and we can’t wait to see you again!
TUITION UPDATE – Published on Tuesday, March 17
Dear Barron Families,
Thank you for your support during this difficult time. It is heartbreaking for us not to see the smiles, hear the laughter in the gym, and most of all not be able to teach your children to grow and learn through this amazing sport.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
MARCH – Current students have automatically had make-up classes added to their family’s account for missed classes during the pause for the month of March.
EXCLUSIVE MAKE-UP OPTIONS FOR CURRENT STUDENTS – We are providing the lessons you deserve and flexibility for your family to be able to schedule your make-ups when we resume classes:
- Make-up in another class day and time provided you are a current student.
- Mix-up Make-up – School-age students will have the unique opportunity to be able to make-up in any other programs. Example – A beginner girl gymnastics student can make-up in a beginner trampoline and tumbling program.
- Open Gym Make-Up Pass – Under any terms, these passes do not expire and can be transferred to another child.
APRIL – You are at no financial risk for April tuition. We will guarantee your child’s class spot with no charge to you until you are notified via email of the date that we are able to resume classes.
We appreciate your continued support during this difficult time and look forward to welcoming you back to Barron in the near future. During this pause we will not have set office hours and we encourage our loyal customers to contact us via email at [email protected] and check your email and social media for updates.
PAUSING OPERATIONS IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19 – Published on Sunday, March 15
Dear Barron Gymnastics Families:
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak across the globe, we made the decision to pause operations at Barron Gymnastics beginning Monday, March 16. We are automatically adding make-up days to every family’s account for the duration of this pause and will handle the scheduling of all individual make-ups and other administrative challenges once we resume operations. We will be offering another make-up opportunity that includes instructional classes in addition to our current open gym option. During this pause we will continue to hold your class spot.
This pause currently includes all programs held at Barron Gymnastics.
Barron Gymnastics has made the decision out of an abundance of caution and to help protect our families, guests, and staff. Our goal is to be part of the solution in our local community by helping reduce the spread of COVID-19. Please check your email and social media frequently for updates on when we will resume operations, as our goal is to resume our programming as soon as possible.
During this pause, Barron Gymnastics teachers and customer service will continue to perform administrative duties, continued education, and cleaning of our facility. Barron Gymnastics will continue to pay and offer benefits to our valued staff during this time without requiring them to use vacation or sick time.
We will continue to carefully monitor and reassess the situation, and provide another update by Thursday, March 19th.
We appreciate your continued support during this difficult time and look forward to welcoming you back to Barron in the near future. During this pause we will not have set office hours and we encourage our loyal customers to contact us via email at [email protected]
The Barron Gymnastics Family